RECREATION & LEISURE
North County Recreation Complex
108 – 4th Street N
Lobby – 403-732-9707
The arena is available for private rental by calling the town office at 403-732-4555. The Recreation Complex houses the regulation size skating rink and a four sheet curling rink. Adjacent to the complex is the outdoor swimming pool.
Public Skating and Family Skating are every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays. The full schedule for March is available here
Picture Butte Lions Aquatic Centre
The Picture Butte swimming pool is a four lane 42’ x 84’ outdoor pool that operates from June to August. Public swims, Aqua Fit, Canadian Red Cross Swim Lessons and Bronze Cross/Bronze Medallion Courses are offered throughout the summer.
The 2016 pool schedule and information on the courses and lessons offered can be found here
Picture Butte Minor Hockey Association
Picture Butte AB, T0K 1V0
President: Rod Oosterbroek
North County Oldtimer Hockey Association
Picture Butte, AB T0K 1V0
Contact: Brian Bezooyen
North County Figure Skating Club
Contact: Jolene Van Reeuwyk
Picture Butte Curling Club
Contact: Ken Johnson
Ball Diamonds, Soccer Fields & Track
There are two ball diamonds located at the Harry Watson Memorial Park. Each school has a baseball diamond and soccer field. The Picture Butte High School has a shale track.
There are two paved & fenced tennis courts located west of the Picture Butte High School. Keys for the courts can be borrow from Gas King
Picture Butte Golf & Winter Club
Pro Shop: 403-732-4157
The Picture Butte Golf and Winter Club, consists of a 27 hole course complete with grass greens, driving range and a new club house. The course is located 1 mile West and 1 mile South of Picture Butte
Picture Butte Campground
The town owns and operates a campground adjacent to the irrigation reservoir on the north side of Town. The campground consists of two camp kitchens, washrooms and 9 overnight stalls.
Located across from the Picture Golf Course
- Tenting sites available
- Indoor washrooms (complete with showers)
- Laundry facilities
- Picnic tables
- Power and sewer to some sites
- Water available
- Fire pits at each site
- Checkout – 3 p.m.
- Quiet after 11:00 p.m.
- 30 spots available
- Monthly rates available
Contact: Coranda Huisman
The judo club offers judo lessons to interested parties. The Club Operates from October to April. Meeting place is the North County Recreation Complex, Teen Room, Wednesday evenings.
Picture Butte Archery
Picture Butte Archery Indoor Range is located in the Picture Butte Fish and Game Building which is adjacent to the Harry Watson Regional Park Baseball Diamond. The main season runs from November to April.
- FITA program is held on Mondays at 7:00 pm
- Family lanes with regular archery lanes and lessons is held on Wednesdays from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- 3-D animal shoot is held on Thursday evenings beginning at 7:00 p.m
- 3-D tournaments run the 1st Friday of the month during the season
- Southern Alberta Tour Shoot
- An Indoor 3-D tournament is held on the third Saturday in August during Jamboree Days
Lanes are available to rent. Anyone interested can contact:
- Harmen Leusink – 403-732-4991
- Fish and Game Annual Award Night and Supper held in January
- Family Youth Camp (summer) McGillvery Creek
- Contact Wayne or Elfriede Heighington – 403-329-6951
- Annual Eddie Stroeve Memorial Fishing Derby held the 1st weekend in June